Selling a Business
Whether you have operated as a sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation, the decision to sell your business raises many issues that call for guidance from a trustworthy lawyer with extensive business experience of his own. In the Salt Lake City metro and surrounding area, you can turn to attorney Andrew W. Stavros for clear guidance and comprehensive protection of your financial and personal interests.
Dedicated to Helping Sellers Derive Maximum Benefit and Avoid Future Problems
Mr. Stavros is a proven resource for entrepreneurs, licensed professionals in health care and other fields, and other small and medium-sized business owners in Utah. He is well equipped to:
- Help ensure that you derive maximum financial benefit from your business sale, through diligent assessment of real estate and asset values, tax consequences, qualification of the prospective buyer and other critical issues
- Draft, review or negotiate a sale/purchase agreement that protects your present and future interests to the greatest possible extent
- Work collaboratively as needed with all parties that have an interest in the transaction, including your own business partners, a broker or others — backed by proven ability to handle negotiation or litigation of any conflict
- Apply extensive knowledge of employment law, statutes covering unfair competition and trade secrets, and other areas of business law to spot potential issues
- Serve as an ongoing legal and advisory resource throughout your purchase of another business or transition to another endeavor
The risks of selling a business on your own or through a broker, rather than having an experienced business transaction attorney on your side, are substantial. Perhaps the greatest of these is the risk that a buyer who proves unable to operate the business successfully will later claim fraud or misrepresentation. Our comprehensive upfront work developing or reviewing your prospectus and contracts can be indispensable in this time of major transition.
Meet With an Experienced, Efficient Utah Business Transaction Attorney
To discuss your plans for a business sale with an accomplished lawyer who will prioritize your interests and future, contact Stavros Law, P.C., today.
Written by the Office of Stavros Law, P.C.