Commercial Leasing Disputes
Leasing space for a business — whether a retail, warehouse, manufacturing or service location — is a major decision and substantial expenditure. If you own property for lease in the Salt Lake City area, protecting your interests when dealing with prospective and existing tenants is crucial as well.
Most commercial leases are complex documents containing clauses and terms unfamiliar to anyone other than an experienced business attorney. Commercial landlords and tenants naturally have differing goals and expectations, and this can lead to intense, high-stakes disputes.
Counsel and Skilled Representation for Commercial Landlords and Tenants
As in all areas of our law practice for businesspeople, we are adept at proactively helping clients avoid costly, stressful litigation over leases. At Stavros Law, P.C., you can work closely with an attorney adept at analyzing any real estate lease or other contract with clear focus on protecting your business. We can also draft or work to negotiate a lease incorporating the terms most critical for your business.
Our lawyers' extensive experience in Utah real estate litigation and other complex contract matters is also a tremendous asset if you are having problems with your commercial landlord or tenant. We will listen, analyze the situation carefully and explain all viable options for dealing with commercial leasing disputes over matters such as:
- Nonpayment of rent, property damage, unauthorized use or modification of the leased property and various other alleged lease violations
- Collection and eviction proceedings for commercial property owners or lessees
- Responsibility for maintenance and capital improvements, including reimbursement for necessary infrastructure repairs made by a tenant
- Tenants' rights to sublease or assign the lease to another party
- Options to extend a commercial lease
- Disputes over any of a wide range of lease provisions and landlord or tenant actions
Turn To a Proven Negotiator and Litigator Who Will Focus on Your Goals
Many commercial lease disputes can be resolved without resorting to full-blown litigation. At our firm, you can count on insightful analysis of the best approach to your case, based on a full understanding of what you have on the line financially and personally.
To discuss your business plans or any serious dispute over a commercial lease with a knowledgeable lawyer, contact our firm today.