Salt Lake City, Utah, Employment Law Overview
Striving to Maintain a Fair Workplace
Especially in our difficult economic times, employment-related issues are serious business. When someone claims to have experienced harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, or breach of a non-compete or non-solicitation agreement, they can benefit from speaking with a lawyer with experience in labor and employment law.
At Stavros Law, we are dedicated to helping resolve employment issues between employees and employers. If you need employment law representation, call our Salt Lake City, Utah, offices, or contact us online to set up a consultation.
Stavros Law represents both employers and employees in a wide variety of employment matters. Representing both employees and employers gives our firm a competitive advantage over firms that focus solely on representing employers or employees. Our experience on both sides of employment disputes allows us to more easily anticipate likely outcomes, better understand the theories and expectations of the other party and efficiently resolve cases. Our experience also allows us to better counsel employees and employers on all aspects of the employment relationship.
Our work for employers has included the defense of employment lawsuits, providing counseling, advice and compliance guidance on a host of state and federal laws that regulate the employment relationship, including hiring and termination practices, proper interview and investigation techniques, compliance with wage and hour laws, harassment, retaliation and discrimination avoidance, sick, vacation, parental and other types of employee leave, drafting employee handbooks and conducting performance reviews.
Our work for employees is primarily limited to employment litigation and the review of employment contracts and ancillary agreements, including non-compete, non-solicitation, non-disclosure, trade secret and non-circumvention agreements.
We have experience in the following areas of employment and labor law:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Business Torts
- Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII
- Contracts and Ancillary Agreements
- Defamation and Related Actions
- Discipline, Demotion/Promotion and Suspension
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Emotional Distress
- Employee Rights, Obligations and Responsibilities
- Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Federal Employer's Liability Act (FELA)
- Government Employees and Administrative Proceedings
- Hiring and Promotions
- Labor Management Relations
- Non-Compete, Non-Solicitation, Non-Disclosure, Non-Circumvention and Trade Secrets
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Section 1981 of the Civil Rights Act of 1866
- Severance Packages
- Sexual Harassment
- Termination, Severance and Consultation
- Wage and Hour Laws (FLSA)
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN)
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Termination
For more information on our employment law services please call us or use the convenient contact form to set up an appointment by e-mail. Stavros Law represents employers and employees regarding all aspects of employment law.
Contact Us at 801-428-0719 to Speak With an Attorney
We strive to provide direction and deliver results to our Salt Lake City, Utah, clients. Contact us to schedule a free consultation.