Discrimination Attorney Serving Salt Lake City, Utah
Dealing With Employment Discrimination Claims
Unlawful discrimination is a common workplace issue. It is common for employees to claim that they have been denied a job, advancement opportunities, or equal pay based on discrimination against their race, age, sex, national origin or disability. If you are an employee or employer dealing with one of these claims in Salt Lake City, Utah, you could use the guidance of a lawyer with experience on both sides of these disputes.
The Faces of Discrimination Claims
Employment discrimination cases typically involve claims of:
- Being refused a job for which the claimant is qualified
- Receiving lower pay than someone performing the same work
- Being denied opportunities for advancement
- Being made to feel inferior in the workplace
- Being terminated for a protected classification
Essential to every discrimination claim is the lack of some other lawful reason for the conditions complained of by the employee other than the employee's membership in one of the protected classes relating to race, age, gender, or disability.
Finding Solutions as Simply as Possible
In all of our employment law and discrimination cases, including cases involving sexual harassment, wage and hour violations, and wrongful termination, we take an approach that seeks to avoid litigation unless it is absolutely necessary.
- First, we listen to your story and work with you to determine the best course of action.
- Second, we send a letter to the other party, explaining the situation and attempting to come to a mutually agreeable settlement.
- Then, there is usually a period of time in which we will attempt to negotiate for you in hopes of finding a beneficial arrangement for you without going to trial.
- Finally, if there is no way to come to agreeable terms, we litigate on your behalf culminating in a trial.
We know that there are often better solutions than a long, expensive and stressful trial, so we work hard to find the simplest and most advantageous path for you. Of course, if a negotiated settlement doesn't work for you, we are more than willing to represent you at trial and fight aggressively and vigorously for your interests.
Contact Us at 801-428-0719
We are dedicated to providing direction and delivering results to our Salt Lake City, Utah, clients. Contact us to schedule a free consultation.