Salt Lake City, Utah, Sexual Harassment Attorney
Get the Legal Assistance You Need
Claims of sexual harassment in the workplace can be a terrible problem, both for the employee and for the employer. As an employee experiencing sexual harassment, you might feel frightened and helpless, perhaps even feeling as if you need to look for another job. Similarly, as an employer, a sexual harassment claim could mean the end of your business. Whichever side of the case you find yourself, you need a lawyer with experience to represent you.
At Stavros Law, we represent employees and employers in all types of employment law issues. Attorney Andrew W. Stavros has more than 10 years of experience serving the needs of individuals and businesses in the Salt Lake City area and throughout Utah. Contact us today to discuss your situation and find out how we can help.
The Typical Situation
In most situations, sexual harassment involves:
- Sexually offensive jokes, comments, or e-mails
- Unwelcome physical contact
- A supervisor or someone else in authority offering job benefits and opportunities in exchange for sexual behavior (sometimes referred to as "quid pro quo")
An Intelligent Approach to Sexual Harassment Claims
- Consultation: The first and most important thing we do is listen. When we learn about your situation, we will consult with you regarding your options and help determine which course of action might be best for you.
- Settlement letter: We will write a letter to the other party, explaining the situation and making either a demand for a fair and appropriate settlement if you are the employee or a reasonable offer for settlement if you are the employer.
- Negotiation: At this stage, we can often find a way to settle the case favorably for you, avoiding the cost, time, and stress of the courtroom. In most situations, a negotiated settlement will produce a happier resolution for everyone and avoid the ugliness of a court trial.
- Trial: If an agreement cannot be negotiated, we will litigate and take the case all the way through trial. We have the experience and skill to strongly advocate for you in the courtroom and pursue the outcome you deserve.
Providing Direction. Delivering Results.
We always strive to provide direction and deliver results to our Salt Lake City, Utah, clients. Contact us online or call us at 801-428-0719 to schedule a free consultation.