Salt Lake City Annulment Attorney
In some cases, people want to end their marriage with an annulment rather than a divorce. When a marriage is annulled, the marriage contract is declared null and void. It is as if the marriage never took place.
At Stavros Law, P.C., in Salt Lake City, we offer a free consultation to explain the annulment process in Utah. Please call our Salt Lake City office at 801-428-0719 today to schedule a consultation.
When Can a Marriage Be Annulled?
There are several statutory and common law reasons for annulment in Utah. Some examples include:
- When the marriage was based on fraud or deception
- When the marriage was not legal because one partner was already married
- When one of the partners was not of sound mind
- When one of the partners was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- When one of the partners is incapable of performing marital duties
It is best to speak with an experienced divorce lawyer to find out if your marriage qualifies for an annulment. Utah courts are more likely to grant an annulment if the marriage was short in duration.
Some people choose annulment for religious reasons. In other circumstances, people want their marriage annulled because their partner deceived them. An annulment will establish that the marriage never existed in law.
Contact an Annulment Lawyer in Salt Lake City
Our family law attorneys are easy to talk to and will listen carefully to you. To schedule a free consultation concerning annulment, please call 801-428-0719 or contact us online.