Mothers' Rights Attorney in Salt Lake City
Women who go through divorce often have different goals than men. At Stavros Law, P.C., in Salt Lake City, our lawyers will listen closely as you tell us what you want to get out of divorce, whether that is financial security or security of your children. For a free consultation, please call our Salt Lake City law office at 801-428-0719 today.
Representing Mothers in Utah Divorces
As your attorneys, we will focus on the issues that have the highest priority for you, such as:
- Child custody: Obtaining primary custody of children is important to many mothers. However, that can be an issue with professional mothers when father stayed with children. The parent who was the primary caretaker is often awarded primary residential custody. Our lawyers can help you create a strategy to obtain your child custody goals.
- Child support: In Utah, child support is based in part on how many overnights each parent has with children. Unfortunately, some fathers seek additional visitation to reduce the amount of child support they pay.
- Marital property division: When deciding how property should be divided, Utah courts will consider the length of the marriage, the standard of living during the marriage, and the age, health, occupation and sources of income of each spouse. In many divorces, there are more debts to divide than assets. Our lawyers will work hard to protect your financial interests.
- Spousal support: Utah courts can order both temporary and post-divorce alimony. Alimony rarely continues longer than the marriage.
- Domestic violence: If domestic violence was an issue during your marriage, that can have an effect on issues such as child custody and visitation. If you feel unsafe, our lawyers can help you obtain a protective order.
Contact a Mothers' Rights Lawyer in Salt Lake City
Our family law attorneys are easy to talk to and will listen carefully to you. To schedule a free consultation concerning mothers' rights, please call 801-428-0719 or contact us online.
Written by the Office of Stavros Law, P.C.